Keep Celiac disease at bay while enjoying these yummy three simple, easy-to-make, gluten-free food recipes. These recipes are pure-veg, and you can easily prepare them at home.
Are you tired of searching for healthy alternatives for gluten-containing food? And do you find packaged gluten-free food products to be expensive? If you are a celiac patient, then gluten may seem like a familiar term. For those who aren’t, gluten is the protein present in grains, responsible for its stickiness. It causes celiac disease, which is an autoimmune disease. The only way to cure this illness is to go gluten-free.
However, most gluten-free food either digs a hole in one’s pocket or is too difficult to prepare.
We bring to you three quick, vegetarian, and easy gluten-free recipes that you can make any time, at the comfort of your kitchen. Be it breakfast, lunch, or dinner. You can make them whenever you want to and keep yourself fit as you can ever be.
Let’s get started!
DIY Gluten-Free Food Recipes
Below are some fantastic gluten-free recipes that you can cook at home. Most of the recipes consist of gluten-free grain such as Amaranth, Ragi,
Pure-Veg Amaranth Tikkis
|Total Preparation + Cooking Time – 45 mins||Recipe Serving – 4|
Amaranth (Chaulai) Seeds: 1 cup
Water: 2 cups
Oil: 1 Tbsp
Finely Minced Cloves Garlic: 3
Finely Chopped Onion: 1
Zucchini (Turai) – Finely Chopped: ½ cup
Red Bell Pepper (Finely Chopped): ½ cup
Salt: To Taste
Chilli powder: ¼ Tbsp
Dry Mango Powder (Amchoor): A pinch
Garam Masala: 1 Tbsp
Coriander Powder (Dhaniya): ½ Tsp
Lemon Zest: ½ Tsp
Black Pepper – Freshly Ground: 1 Tbsp
Oil For Pan: 2 Tbsp
Amaranth Flour: 1 cup
- Cook The Amaranth Seeds –
- Add Amaranth seeds to 2 cups of boiling water.
- Stir well while it boils. Leave it on simmer for 20 minutes, and then season with fresh ground pepper and salt.
- Keep aside while you prepare the Masala.
- Prepare The Masala –
- Heat the oil in a pan. Add onion and garlic and sauté until glossy.
- Add Zucchini and red pepper. Fry for 3 minutes.
- Then add Garam Masala, Lemon zest, red chili, coriander powder. Stir while it fries.
- Once the ingredients are properly fried, add black pepper and dry mango powder. Mix it well, and set it aside.
- Mixing & Preparing the Tikkis –
- Mix the boiled Amaranth seeds with the prepared Masala. Let it cool for a while.
- Prepare the Tikki in an oval shape, and coat with Amaranth flour.
- Heat 2 Tbsp of oil in a pan, and fry the Tikki until they are crisp.
Polenta Made Of Tapioca Pearls (Sabudana Ki Khichdi)
|Total Preparation + Cooking Time – 20 mins||Recipe Serving – 4|
Saboodaana (Tapioca Pearls): 1 cup
Peanuts-shelled, coarsely pounded, roasted: 1/2 cup
Ghee: 2 Tbsp
Cumin Seeds: 1 Tsp
Red Chillies (Whole): 3-4
Curry Leaves: 1 Sprig
Rock Salt: 2 Tsp
Chilli Powder: 1 Tsp
Chopped Coriander Leaves: 1 Tbsp
Chopped Green Chillies: 1 Tsp
Lemon Juice: 1 Tbsp
- Preparing Sabudaana –
- You must wash The Tapioca Pearls properly.
- Soak it in water for an hour. (Note: Water should be at least 3 cm above the level of Sabudaana)
- Then drain the water using a colander and dry over a thick cloth for another hour.
- Prepare The Dish –
- Add peanuts to the dried Sabudaana, and mix well. Then add salt and chili powder, and mix again.
- In a pan, heat some ghee. Add red chilies, cumin, and curry leaves.
- Then add the mixture of Sabudaana and peanuts.
- Cook it on a low flame for 5-10 minutes.
- Switch off the heat, and add some lemon juice to the cooked food.
- Garnish with green chilies and coriander.
Paratha Made Of Corn Flour And Mashed Potatoes
|Total Preparation + Cooking Time – 30 mins||Recipe Serving – 6|
Whole Wheat Flour: 1 Cup
Makki Ka Atta: 1 Cup
Ghee: 1/2 Cup
For The Filling: (Mix The Below Ingredients)
Boiled, And Mashed Potatoes: 2 Cups
Coriander Leaves (Chopped): 2 Tbsp
Ginger (Finely Chopped): 1 Tsp
Green Chillies (Finely Chopped): 1 Tsp
Salt: 1 Tbsp
Lemon Juice: 1 Tbsp
- Making The Dough –
- Just like the wheat dough, mix whole wheat flour and cornflour.
- Prepare a smooth dough using water.
- Make small round dough balls.
- Set aside.
- Prepare The Dish –
- Flatten the round dough ball with a rolling pin.
- Add the potato filling at the center of the flattened dough.
- Seal the filling from all sides by bringing together the edges.
- Flatten it with a rolling pin. (You can dip it in dry wheat flour to avoid tearing)
- Heat the pan, and place the flattened dough + filling on the pan. Wait 15 seconds.
- Add ghee on top and edges of the paratha.
- Turn the paratha. Wait another 15 seconds.
- Add ghee on the surface and edges again.
- Turn the Paratha. Wait another 15 seconds.
- Serve when both sides are brown.
Aren’t the above recipes really easy to prepare? These are regular food items, minus the gluten part. Now you can enjoy gluten-free homemade food and keep yourself healthy too.