Karela is an excellent source of nutrition such as magnesium, folate, zinc, phosphorus, manganese, vitamins B1, B2, and B3, C, and has high dietary fiber. Even drinking karela juice has many health benefits, especially for diabetic patients.
Bitter Gourd is also known as karela, is a vegetable packed with key vitamins and minerals. Drinking karela juice is considered to be extremely beneficial. Here are the five amazing benefits of bitter gourd juice.
- Karela juice has anti-inflammatory properties and helps lower LDL Cholesterol levels. This juice has a bitter flavor that some find unpalatable. However, it has gained popularity for many health benefits, such as lowering your blood pressure and improving your skin health.
- Bitter gourd juice is extremely beneficial for people with diabetes as it can prevent sudden spikes in sugar levels.
- Rich in vitamin A and beta carotene, karela juice can improve eyesight and prevent many vision-related conditions.
- It also aids in treating indigestion, constipation, and other gut issues.
- It is loaded with iron and antioxidants; karela juice can improve your immunity.
Karela juice is full of essential nutrients. For instance, blending 1 cup of raw bitter melon with 1/2 cup approximately 118 ml of water will deliver the following nutrients:
- Calories: 16
- Carbs: 3.4 g.m.
- Protein: 0.9 g.m.
- Fiber: 2.6 g.m.
- Fat: 0.2 g.m.
- Vitamin C: 95% of the (RDI)Reference Daily Intake
- Folate: 17% of the RDI
- Zinc: 10% of the RDI
- Potassium: 6% of the RDI
- Iron: 5% of the RDI
- Vitamin A: 4% of RDI
- Sodium: 0 mg
Karela juice has ample amounts of vitamin C, an antioxidant that plays a vital role in promoting immunity, mental health, and healing tissue.
It’s a great source of provitamin A. It is a substance that your body converts into vitamin A, which helps with eyesight and skin health.
Each cup of bitter melon you blend into your juice provides about 8% of your daily fiber, which you need to support healthy digestion. Dietary fiber can also help control your blood sugar level.
Let’s quickly learn how to make healthy karela juice.
Two Tender, medium size bitter gourds
2Tsp lemon juice
1/4 cup apple juice or any clear juice of your choice salt to taste 1 tsp honey/jaggery power/ginger.
- Scrape the karela and cut halves.
- Scoop out the flesh and seeds, chop into tiny pieces.
- Blend in a juicer along with salt and lemon juice.
- Add water
- You can add either apple juice, honey, jaggery powder, or ginger to reduce the bitter taste.