What are valentines? Is it a day only for couples or a day that is celebrated with everyone you love?
The modern marketing world has given new meaning to this day, the greeting cards, roses, chocolates, dinner outings, and drinks are the most popular ways of celebrating this day with your partner. But if we separate this day from the commercial viewpoint and look at the true meaning of this day, then we will be able to truly live this day and make it special.
Valentine’s is for everyone you love. Your partner, your kids, your parents – this day is a perfect occasion to express your love and take it, one notch higher. So, away from the buzzing crowd, we bring to you a healthy and refreshing valentines drink, this is best enjoyed near the cozy fireplace.
This drink is a healthy combination of fruits and herbs. It contains one of my favorite ingredients Meyer Lemon and raspberries. We all know the health benefits of these two ingredients.
Meyer Lemons are seasonal, you will get them between December till the end of March. These lemons are less acidic and sweeter. It is an excellent agent of weight loss and it improves your digestive system.
To Prepare This Special Valentine’S Drink, You Need The Following Ingredients.
- Take 1/4 cup of ground sugar
- a small quantity of warm water
- 1/2 cup of Meyer lemon juice
- 1 cup of fresh raspberries
- 3-4 basil leaves
- Soda Water
Now Let’s Begin With The Preparation
- Take a big jar or a glass bowl, add sugar, hot water, lemon juice and stir them well.
- Now add raspberries and the basil leaves
- Next, take a masher and crush the basil leaves and the raspberries properly in the same drink.
- Now stir them well.
- Take two glasses and add soda water to both
- Now with the help of a strainer, divide the basil and raspberry mixture into both glasses evenly.
You can add a few basil leaves and strawberries on top and enjoy Valentine’s evening.