Cutlets are the famous snack of India, genuinely essential street snack in India. The present recipe is Beetroot cutlet which is made with new beets and supporting flavors. As the temperatures begin to chill off, this is a fun opportunity to start arranging your menu for any of the festivities coming up in the following, not many months.
Beetroot cutlets are crispy and tasty beetroot patties made with beets, potatoes, semolina, and flavors for veggie. This recipe is a delicious, solid mix of beets, potatoes, cooked peanuts, a few flavors and serves as a healthy appetizer or a lunchtime snack. This deep purple-shaded vegetable is supercharged with incredible supplements and has distinctly sweet.
You can eat these cutlets plain, or you can have with it some burger buns or in pita bread or make wraps or make rolls of it.
The recipe for beetroot cutlets is simple. Bubble and afterward crush beetroot and potatoes. Add flavors, blend and shape in tikkis. When coating them in semolina (Rava) and later fry those for searing, use less oil as required, or you can use a non-stick pan.
Twin these beetroot Tikki with a burger or Indian Pav. Additionally, they will make a decent combo with the Punjabi chana masala. Indeed, it even can serve with mint chutney and sweet chutney alongside some yogurt.
- 250 grams beetroot or two medium-sized beets
- 275 grams potatoes or three medium measured potatoes or two large potatoes
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
- ½ teaspoon Kashmiri red chili powder or cayenne pepper
- One teaspoon fennel powder
- ½ teaspoon Garam Masala Powder
- One teaspoon coriander powder (ground coriander)
- One teaspoon chaat masala
- One teaspoon dry mango powder (amchur powder) or one teaspoon lemon juice
- One green chili – finely chopped.
- One teaspoon dark salt or rock salt – add more whenever required
- One teaspoon ground or minced ginger
- Two tablespoons of corn starch or rice flour or two brown-colored bread cuts or white bread – absorbed water and crushed.
- ½ cup Rava or sooji
- Two tablespoons oil for frying
- Boil both beetroot and potatoes with some salt in a pan or pressure cooker and add some water—whistles it 7 to 8 times on medium flame.
- Drain all the water. At that point, strip and mesh the beetroot in a bowl.
- Mesh the potato in a similar bowl. This is done to get an even smooth pounded potato blend.
- Add all the flavor powders, green chili, salt, and corn starch. Rather than corn starch, you can likewise add rice flour or soaked bread cuts.
- Blend everything well with your hands. Presently shape them into round patties or tikkis.
- Making Beetroot Cutlet
- Take some simmered semolina (Rava) on a plate.
- Place every cutlet on the semolina and ensure that they are equally covered on all sides by the semolina.
- Residue off the extra rava.
- In a dish, add around two tablespoons of oil and fry the cutlets till they are fresh or brown colored appeared.
- Now put down the cutlet on tissue paper which soak the excess oil from it.
- Add the salt as per your taste before covering and frying the tikkis or cutlets.
- If the beetroot Tikki doesn’t hold shape, add more corn starch or rice flour or one more cut of bread to the mashed beetroot mixture.
- You can likewise prepare the beetroot Tikki on the stove rather than sautéing them. For heating, preheat the stove at 180 degrees Celsius for around 10 minutes and afterward prepare it for 15-20 minutes till beetroot tikkis are done.
Wrap Up With
Beetroot Tikki recipe is a delicious, solid mix of beets, potatoes, cooked peanuts, a few flavors and serves as a healthy appetizer or a lunchtime snack. This deep purple-shaded vegetable is supercharged with incredible supplements and has distinctly sweet.
If you are watching out for some simple beetroot bites or veggie lover beet recipes, at that point, you will adore this beetroot cutlet recipe. You can have for your children and all age groups, and we can use them as patties for burgers or fill in as starters during parties and get-together. Have fun! Enjoy this delicious snack!