Cakes are everybody’s delicacy. Starting from the very young to the old, everybody loves this dessert. Imagine a Holi, without your favorite black forest, pineapple cake, etc. Even before we come to the special dish of Holi cake, let us understood the special significance of Holi. Holi is one of the most important festivals in the Hindu calendar. It is used to celebrate the victory of good over evil. It lasts for one full day and night. One day before the main festival, a bonfire is lit, which depicts that good has defeated evil. This is also known as Holika Dhan or Choti Holi.
How To Impress Guests…
The next day, people from all walks of life apply colors to each other, which is the main characteristic of Holi. The main sweets which are served in Holi are Gujiya, Balusai, and of course, cakes. Along with colors, one must apply Abeer
So, cakes are indispensable on this special occasion. It is very depressing to hear from your guests that the cake wasn’t up to the mark. The ideal process of making cakes is by using baking. This involves choosing the different ingredients like baking powder, combining different flavors, melting butter, and creating a smooth batter, and then checking the output. If required, you can add a dollop of icing, etc. Let’s see how to make an atta cake without egg.
Eggless Atta Cake
This is a rich cake, which has fewer calories than your regular cake. The preparation time for this is 10 minutes, and the baking time is approx 40 minutes. The ingredients for making this cake are given as follows:
● 165 grams of jaggery grated. – 1 cup
● 135 grams of olive oil. – 3/4 cup
● 125 grams curd. – 1/2 cup\
● 300 grams atta. – 2 cup.
● 1/4 teaspoon baking soda.
● One teaspoon baking powder.
● 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon powder.
● One pinch of salt.
● Half a cup of water.
● Two tablespoons of chopped almonds.
● Two tablespoons of raisins.
● Five chopped cashews.
● Five chopped walnuts.
● Six chopped dates.
● In a large bowl, used for mixing, take one cup of jaggery, three-fourths cup of olive oil and half a cup of curd.
● Mix all the ingredients thoroughly so that the jaggery dissolves appropriately.
● Next, add two cups of wheat flour, one-fourth tablespoon of baking soda, one tablespoon of baking powder, pinch salt, and one-fourth tablespoon of cinnamon powder.
● Do the sieving thoroughly, so that there are no lumps.
● Use the cut and fold method, so that dry components mix very well with the mixture.
● Next, do add half a cup of water and make a thick batter.
● In the following step, add two tablespoons of almonds, two tablespoons of raisins, six dates, and five walnuts.
● The entire mixture should be folded gently so that the dry fruits are adequately mixed.
● The cake is baked very well for 40 minutes at a temperature of 180-degree celsius.
● The cake should be cooled thoroughly and then cut into slices and served to all the Holi guests.
● The remaining pieces should be stored in an airtight container.