The all-purpose coriander chutney served with Indian starters and farsan is the favorite chutney of all. Many dishes seem incomplete without chutney, but their taste increases with coriander chutney. It is easy to make; if you want, you can eat it with pulao as well. This chutney is pungent in taste, slightly sweet and slightly sour. Pungency comes from green chilies. You can add more green chilies according to your preference. It has a slight sweetness due to sugar. And there is lemon juice which gives a slight sourness. The two flavors together make tasty chutney.
Coriander chutney is delicious and healthy because iron and calcium are rich in coriander leaves and lemon also contains vitamin C. Coriander chutney is used in chaats and pakoras, and it is a tradition to serve it with the main food as well. Now we are letting you know two ways to make coriander chutney, by which you will be able to make two different types of coriander chutney.
Sweet And Tangy Coriander Chutney
Ingredients to make delicious and tangy coriander chutney
- 2 cups of coriander leaves
- 3-4 green chilies
- ½ inch ginger
- Two tablespoons Roasted Chana Dal (Dalia)
- Salt to taste
- One teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon black salt
- ½ teaspoon roasted cumin powder
- ½ teaspoon chaat masala
- One tablespoon lemon juice
- ¼ cup of water
- Clean the coriander leaves.
- Fill a large bowl with water. Add coriander leaves to it and let it stay for a while so that all the dust will be accumulated at the bottom of the pot.
- Now carefully lift the leaves without moving the water too much.
Method of preparation of green coriander chutney
- Take coriander leaves in the mixer.
- Place the rest of the ingredients in the mixer.
- Squeeze fresh lemon juice and add a little water.
- Now grind it finely.
- Take the chutney in a bowl or fill it in a box.
Spicy Coriander Chutney
Ingredients to make spicy coriander chutney
- One bunch coriander, chopped into pieces
- Ten garlic cloves
- 3-4 green chilies, sliced
- Salt to taste
- Juice of 2 lemons
- Half a cup of curd
Method of making coriander Chutney
- Grind green coriander in a blender.
- Then add garlic, chopped green chilies, salt, and lemon juice. Blend it again.
- If the mixture is thick, then add some water and blend it. Remove into a bowl.
- Mix curd in it and serve with kebabs or onion rings.
You can also serve this delicious coriander chutney with dal rice, or chaat, dumplings, namkeen, or with bhelpuri.
- According to your taste, you can increase and decrease the number of chilies.
- You can store it for seven days in the refrigerator.
These both chutneys have different taste. If you love to eat spicy food, then you can make spicy coriander chutney. Otherwise, you have a second option to make sweet and tangy coriander chutney.