You might have noticed that certain things in life cannot be compromised. You have some habits which are difficult to leave, and you have some crazy friends always holding your back. One thing that the month of August is famous for (besides Independence Day) is, of course, Friendship day. It gives you another excuse to spend a day with your best friend. You must possess some friends who are always there for you and waits for your text.
Similarly, if this conversion is translated into the language of food, no dish can be best compared with friends. If you, too, are thinking of momos, you are on the right track. Momos are undoubtedly one’s best friends. Very much to friends, they also are always there for us and would never betray us. If there is one dish that reminds you of your best friends, it has to be Momos.
Momos are quite easy to make and do not require any professional skills—a perfect recipe which, when prepared, demands a friend’s reunion. If you are looking to make an easy snack with not giving up so much time, this recipe is for you.
So without further delay let’s check out the recipe:
Following is the list of ingredients you will need to make Momos:
- All-purpose flour-2 cups
- 1 Finely Chopped Cabbage
- 1 Finely Chopped Carrot
- 1 Finely Chopped Onion
- 3 Garlic Cloves
- Pepper(as required)
- 1 Ginger
- 2 Chilli’s
- First things first, we will prepare the stuffing. Take a sauté pan and heat two teaspoons of oil. Add one ginger and two chilies and allow it to cook.
- Keep the flame on high and add one finely chopped onion. You can use spring onion as well.
- Further, add one finely chopped cabbage and one finely chopped carrot. Keep the flame on high and keep stirring until the filling gets cooked.
- Add salt and pepper as per your taste.
- Garnish the stuffing with spring onion, and your stuffing is ready.
- Keep the stuffing aside, and now we will prepare the dough.
- Take a medium-size bowl and add one teaspoon of oil.
- Add 1 cup all-purpose flour and water and kneed it into a dough.
- Cover the dough and keep it aside for a minimum of 30 minutes. This will make the stuffing softer.
- After some time, uncover the dough and pinch a small size.
- Dust some all-purpose flour and flatten the piece of dough into a circular shape(like we do roti but smaller in size).
- Take a spoon and fill the centre of the dough with stuffing.
- Pleat the edges slowly and cover the entire stuffing. After covering, gently tap the dough and keep it aside.
- Repeating the same steps, make as many momos you want and assemble all the prepared ones in a tray with sufficient distance from each other.
- Take a steamer(you can also make a steamer with a cooker) and gently place the tray inside.
- Steam the momos for approximately 15 minutes until they become slightly shining.
- Take the tray out, and your momos are ready to serve.
Total Preparation Time: 25-30 Minutes
You can eat these momos with a spiced chutney. However, some people also prefer to eat momos with mayonnaise. You can choose any of the sauce according to your preference.
Key Points To Remember:
- Do not start making you momos instantly after kneading. Allow the dough to rest to make the dough softer and better.
- You can use any of your preferred vegetables in your stuffing. In this recipe, vegetables that are commonly used are taken into account.
For a perfect evening with friends, a perfect recipe is required, which can only be fulfilled by tasty momos. This recipe is easy and can be made by beginners as well. Enjoy this recipe with your friends and share your experience with us. Enjoy!