Making kids eat raw veggies can be a real skill tester for parents. While they only want you to have some recommended dietary intake so that their stomachs see some broccoli once in a while apart from Pizzas and burgers. It looks like now we have a solution. Now we don’t have to necessarily force-feed kids to eat veggies as now they will come by themselves if you give them what we call “The Fusion food.” Fusion foods are the new trend that people from all over the world have to “fulfill multiple cravings” simultaneously.
Here are two veg fusion recipes that your kids will love. It’s easy to make and won’t take much time as well. Best of all, it’s healthy! What else do you want?? Let’s jump right in.
Spicy Rajma Rice And Marinara Sauce
Spicy Rajma Rice and Marinara Sauce is a tasty fusion recipe that you should try! This recipe is perfect for all ages. It’s a delicious and family-friendly vegetarian recipe, which makes it distinctly unique. The perfectly fried rice tossed with the beans’ filling and the gravy of Marinara Sauce adds various tastes to the meal. Since it requires a minimal amount of ingredients and can be prepared in less time, it can keep you satiated for a few hours. Give this cooking recipe a try and watch your family enjoy your meals!
Ingredients (Five servings)
- 2 cups of rice.
- Five cloves garlic
- Three sprigs of basil.
- One tablespoon of refined oil.
- 1 cup red kidney beans
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce
- Salt and water as per requirement
Step 1: This recipe requires first to cook rice and kidney beans in two different pans over medium flame. Let both of them boil and once done, drain the excess water and transfer them to a separate bowl. Now, place a pan at medium flame and heat oil in it. Till then, you can also cut garlic cloves and basil leaves together. Once the oil becomes hot, add chopped garlic cloves to it. Sauté until it becomes light brown.
Step 2: Now, add the marinara sauce and the boiled red kidney beans in it and mix them well. To obtain the optimal consistency, add a little water. Let the mixture come to a boil and thicken it. Add the boiling rice as it begins to thicken. Combine well to ensure the rice gets coated in sauce. Next, add the basil leaves with salt according to your preference.
Step 3: Cover the mixture with a lid and let it cook for 2-3 minutes. When rice is cooked and smells, dissipate the heat and serve it in a crispy tortilla. Serve hot and have fun!
Idli Manchurian is a popular Indo-Chinese dish, and several variations exist. And you can cook this every time you have some leftover idlis. This can help you satisfy your hunger cravings
- Four leftover idlis. You can make new ones as well
- ¼ tsp of salt.
- For stir-frying the idlis and bell pepper, 2 Tbsp oil is required.
For making sauce:
- 6 pcs Red chilies.
- 2 tbsp cooking oil.
- 2 tbsp soy sauce.
- 1 tsp vinegar.
- 1 Tbsp of fine-chopped ginger or ginger paste.
- One tablespoon of tomato paste.
- ½ teaspoon of sugar
- Mix 2 tsp of cornstarch
- 1 cup of water.
- In water, boil the red chilies until they soften. Let it cool down and rest. In a blender, prepare the sauce using all the above ingredients.
- Boil the blended sauce into a pan having even consistency. Now set it aside.
- Cut the Idlis into bits. Heat the oil in a pan and then fry the idlis until golden. Sprinkle some salt. Cook 2-3 minutes until they are lightly golden brown. Then take them out, set them aside.
- Now, stir fry the bell pepper in the pan for just a few minutes. The pepper tastes excellent while it is still crunchy. Stir fry idlis with bell peppers. Pour the sauce into the mixture and stir gently. You can now switch off the stove/induction.
- Idli Manchurian is now on your table. Serve hot!
With the recipes mentioned above, you can surely make your bland meals into an instant lip-smacking and liked by all. Tell us how you liked it in the comments below.