When we talk about sweets in India, there are certain dishes which are just made for us. India is home to more than 1000 sweet dishes, and yet there is one that has the potential to unite all religions and ethnicities. Which one do you think it is?
If you are thinking of ladoo, you are correct. Being available in more than a hundred flavors, ladoo is a sure choice for everyone. Whether it is parties or normal family gatherings, a ladoo is a great way to show gratitude. Not only the kids, but adults as well enjoy ladoo as a dessert.
There is no special occasion for ladoo, it can be eaten anywhere and whenever you want. However, a special event that is as special as Ganesh Chaturthi requires something special.
Ganesh Chaturthi is celebrated every year on the arrival of Lord Ganesha to planet Earth. This festival stays with us for ten days and ends by immersing Lord Ganesha’s sculptures into the nearest water body, such as a sea or river. Undoubtedly, this festival is one of the biggest festivals celebrated in India, with more than 200000 people involves in Mumbai alone. The road map from home to the nearest water body is filled with loud music and cheers. Such an occasion demands something as popular as ladoo and a flavor loved by every age group. So, without wasting any further, let’s check out the recipe for Coconut Ladoo.
Following is the list of ingredients you will need to make Coconut Ladoo:
- Grated Coconut-2 cups
- Sugar-3/4 cup
- Milk-1 cup
- Almonds-1 tablespoon
- Cashews-1 tablespoon
- Pistachios-1 tablespoon
- Cardamom powder-1 teaspoon
- Take a deep vessel and add 2 cups of grated coconut. Add 3/4 cup of sugar and approximately 1 cup of milk.
- Make sure that if you are using fresh coconut, then add 1/2 cup milk only.
- Turn the flame low and allow the coconut to blend perfectly with sugar and milk. Keep stirring at regular intervals.
- After around 15 minutes, the ingredients will lose all their moisture; as a result, they will become extremely thick. Make sure that the mixture won’t turn all soggy. Sogginess will not allow all to convert them into preferred shapes.
- Once the mixture gets thick, add one tablespoon of almonds, cashews, and pistachios. You can increase the quantity as per your choice.
- Add one teaspoon cardamom powder and mix well.
- Turn off the flame and allow the mixture to gets normally warm. Take small portions of the mixture on your hand and press down with your finger.
- Keep pressing the mixture until it gets converted into round balls.
- Keep all the prepared balls separately, and voila your Coconut Ladoos are ready to eat.
Total Preparation Time: 20-15 Minutes
Key Points To Remember:
- Make sure to make the ladoo only when the mixture is warm. Making with cold mixture might not get appropriate results.
- You can decrease/increase the number of dry nuts. You can also add other dry nuts according to your preference.
Cardamom powder is entirely optional. You can remove this ingredient if you want.