We as Indians rely on traditional and ayurvedic methods and KADHA is undoubtedly one of the best ways to cure yourself of common cold and cough. A simple recipe that can help all age groups with minimum kitchen requirements goes a long way.
Ayurvedic science has always proven to be beneficial and provides different home recipes to ensure that your immunity level stays up to the mark. Kadha is one such recipe. This drink is often used to cure cold and cough problems and eliminates all the malfunctioning from your body. Quite popular in Indian households, this recipe does not include any technicalities and claims to be quite effective among all the age groups. Let’s learn how to make kadha.
Following is the list of ingredients you will need to make kadha:
- 2-3 pieces of clove
- One teaspoon crushed black pepper
- One teaspoon finely chopped ginger
- 5-6 long basil leaves
- Two teaspoons of honey
- Take a saucepan (or any other vessel of your choice) and heat it.
- Add 2-3 pieces of clove without crushing.
- Then add one teaspoon of crushed black pepper.
- Afterward, add one teaspoon of finely chopped ginger.
- Add 5-6 basil leaves.
- After adding all the spices, roast them for about 1 minute on a low flame with continuous stirring.
- Then add 2 cups of water.
- Allow all the spices to blend perfectly with water. Boil them for approximately 7-8 minutes on a low flame.
- Use a ladle and stir occasionally at regular intervals. You can even cover the vessel to make this process faster.
- Once boiled, strain the mixture using a strainer and remove all the excess spices.
- Immediately add 2-3 teaspoons of honey.
- Mix well and serve hot.
Total Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
Key Points To Remember:
- Make sure to roast all the spices perfectly to extract all the flavors.
- Ginger must be crushed before adding into the vessel, or else it will lose its juicy purpose while boiling.
- After straining, do not wait for the drink to cool down. Honey must be added immediately.
- Always serve this drink hot, or else it will no longer be advantageous.
Benefits Of Kadha:
- Kadha is often used to cure common cold and cough problems.
- Ginger is an antioxidant spice that helps to reduce cell damage and often helps to curb morning sickness.
- Kadha is an excellent drink to maintain your overall body weight. It helps to reduce the extra fat in your body and gives it a good shape.
- Cloves are used to improve your body functioning. They improve your liver, increases bone strength, and supply all the required ingredients.
- This drink is always served hot so that warm water can relax your upset stomach and give relief to your throat.
The recipe mentioned above is quite easy and does not require specialization of any kind. With benefits in bulk, this recipe acts as a complete medicine and can be used by every household. Besides the spices mentioned above, you can also use turmeric, fennel seeds, and cardamom to make it more advantageous.