A mango has enough reasons to be called ‘the king’ of fruits, and those are not just good but excellent reasons for you to make it a part of your routine diet, and they are:
- Rich in Copper: helps prevent cardiovascular diseases and osteoporosis.
- It contains a high amount of fibre a natural remedy for poor digestion.
- Lowers Cholesterol.
- Boosted immune system
- Rich in Vitamin A and C: Improves vision.
…and many more. Now that we know the benefits of a Mango let’s take a look at recipes to make our Monday mornings modish with a ripe yellow mango smoothie.
This recipe will be ready in 8 minutes tops if you have all the ingredients in reach.
- Ripe mangoes – 2 size medium
- Condensed Milk – 250 ml
- Vanilla almond ice cream – 4 scoops
- Sugar – 100gms
- Chocolate sauce, cashew, almonds, pistachios, tutti- fruity
– Wash the mangoes thoroughly. [ tip: use a few drops of vinegar for deep cleansing]
– Peel them and chop them up into small pieces.
– Blend the mango pieces into fine pulp without any lumps.
– Add 250 ml condensed milk. (tip: boil the milk and cool it down to room temperature while using toned milk. Use Nestle condensed milk for rich taste as it is widely acclaimed as the best.)
– Add 100 gm Sugar, as per taste. (For people aiming at weight loss are suggested to use honey)
– Blend all the ingredients.
– For flavor, add two scoops ice cream and blend well.
– Now, pour the smoothie into glasses and add an ice-cream scoop on top and garnish it with chopped almonds, pistachios, cashew, and tutti-fruity.
– Your smoothie is ready to be served.
* If you want a chilled smoothie, its best to blend the mangoes with ice cubes. You can use readily available frozen mangoes or freeze them overnight.
* Its better served cold and as early as possible.
One Minute Smoothie:
If you are an employee and are busy getting ready for work, then this is a recipe for you, which you can enjoy on the go.
- Frozen Mangoes
- Plain Greek Yogurt
-Wash and peel the mangoes.
– Chop them up before they go in the freezer at night.
-Now all you have to do is put frozen mango pieces in the blender
-Add 100ml cold milk to the blender
-Then goes a tablespoon plain Greek yogurt
-One frozen Banana, which is optional.
– Grind every item together.
– Serve it by pouring it into your favorite smoothie jar.
* Adding a banana is optional.
* If you want your smoothie to be thick, instead of toned milk, add condensed milk.
Very Berry Mango Smoothie:
This recipe is for those berries’ lovers, who can’t get enough of berry fruits. This recipe will be a mixture of strawberries or blueberries or raspberries.
If you are feeling blue lighten up with a mango blueberry smoothie.
- 2 Mangoes
- 500 gm blueberries
- Coconut Milk
- Ice cubes
- Condensed milk (optional)
– Thoroughly wash the mangoes and blueberries.
– Skin the mangoes and chop them up.
– Add Mongo pieces and coconut milk to the blender and blend it until no lumps are left.
– Now berry time, add frozen blueberries or fresh blueberries and blend all the ingredients.
– Add ice cubes, only if one is not using frozen berries.
– Pour it into your special smoothie jar and garnish it with mango pieces and can add dry fruits, as per one’s choice.
– If you want your smoothie as a thick shake, you can add condensed milk and an ice cream scoop.
*in the above recipe, blueberries can be substituted with strawberries or raspberries according to one’s taste.
Mango With Green Twist:
Your workout at the gym is complete with a refreshing yet healthy mango smoothie with a hint of something green.
- 2 Ripe Mangoes.
- 4 Kiwi.
- Almond Milk [tip: One can also use coconut milk, walnut milk or yogurt]
– Take the mangoes to soak them for 10 minutes before peeling and cutting them into pieces.
– Wash spinach leaves by soaking them in water and adding few drops of vinegar for about 10 minutes.
– Blend mango pieces and spinach into a fine pulp.
– Add Kiwi to this mixture. [Tip: Kiwi skin is edible. Hence it can add the fruit directly without peeling it.]
– Add almond milk and blend all the ingredients.
– Pour it into a glass and garnish it with kiwi and mango pieces.
Smoothies are the best way to feel full when you are on a diet. They are healthy yet tasty. We will meet again with five more recipes.
Stay fit. Stay happy.