Always keep your friends close and your snacks a lot closer. Tastier when shared with your loved ones and even more when made at the comfort of your home, and what can be easier and more familiar than the crowd-pleasing Cheese balls?
This is a unique recipe and does not need any extra efforts just a few simple steps and tasty cheese balls will be ready in no time. Cheese balls with mashed potatoes are tender, crispy, and easy to make, not requiring you to sweat over the availability of sophisticated ingredients or techniques.
Let’s have a look at your fantastic cheese balls being made.
Oil of your choice
Recipe makes ten cheese balls at a time.
- Boil 100 grams potato or three medium-sized potatoes in a pressure cooker or steamers. The potatoes are done when they’re tender throughout. Test it by inserting a fork or butter knife; if it reaches the center of the potato quickly and comes out smoothly, the potatoes are done.
- While the potatoes are getting boiled, take a bowl and fill it with cold water, also grate mozzarella cheese (60 grams) and store it in an airtight box and keep it in the freezer so that it does not get spoilt.
- Once the potatoes are done, transfer the potatoes from hot water directly into the cold water so that it becomes easy to peel the skin off.
- Once the potatoes have come down to room temperature, start mashing it with hands (make sure your hands are clean), or you can use the potato masher.
- Now add ¼ teaspoon black pepper and a pinch of chilly powder or garam masala as per your choice.
- Chop coriander leaves and parsley leaves carefully and add 1.5 tablespoons to the mixture.
- Now add four tablespoon gram flour to the mixture or add three tablespoons of all-purpose flour. After this step, add the cheese and ¼ teaspoon salt.
- Mix the cheese with the mixture very well and taste the mixture if required, add extra salt or black pepper as per your taste.
- Cover the mixture and keep it aside for a while, till then heat oil for deep frying in a pan.
- Make small balls of the mixture; size can be of your choice.
- Add salt to the oil so that cheese balls do not absorb a lot of oil while getting fried.
- When the oil becomes hot, add the balls slowly into the oil for frying. Keep turning the balls again and again so that it gets cooked inside as well.
- Please make sure that the cheese balls inside the pan do not get overcrowded, or else it will get challenging to move them.
- Take a plate and keep a kitchen towel on it, remove the balls from the oil and place it on the cloth so that extra oil gets absorbed by the fabric. You can use tissue paper in place of a kitchen towel but make sure two tissue papers at least are kept on the plate.
- Your tasty cheese balls are ready. Place the cheese balls in a plate and serve it with tomato sauce or green chutney or sweet chutney.
- Make it look presentable, as presentation is the key.
Yummy cheese balls ready to be served.
- If you’re a kid, please take parental guidance as chopping and frying can be dangerous.
- A little water helps fix a dry mixture.
- Add some extra seasonings and spices according to your taste.
- Check the oil before adding balls; cold oil might result in uncooked cheese balls. Check the oil with a wooden spoon for bubbles to make sure it is hot.
- If required, add a small cheese cube between the cheese balls to make it a little more cheesy.