Hey, all the foodies! Ready for our next recipe. It’s Mint Raita or Pudina Raita. This raita is a popular style mint-flavored yogurt dip. As the name suggests, it is made up of fresh mint and curd. Try out this recipe which can go well with Parathas, Pulao, or biryani.
What Is Raita?
Raita is a very famous and frequently eaten condiment dip or sauce in India. It is served with various meals and goes well with almost everything in Indian cuisine. When someone says raita, a person can easily recall its main ingredients. Those are curd or yogurt as the main or the base ingredient accompanied by other ingredients like vegetables, fruits, herbs, and spices.
What Is Mint-Raita?
The very famous mint-raita is a mint condiment which is made with yogurt. Try the raita with any Indian dish, and it is for sure that you will savor the taste for long.
Why Is Mint Raita So Much Loved?
Mint is said to be very refreshing and flavorful raita. When you add the two cooling elements, it is a blast of coolness inside the mouth. The pudina gives a very cooling aroma. No meal is complete without raita in the hot summer afternoons.
Recipe Of Mint Raita
Prep time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 5 mins
Cuisine: Indian Dish, Raita
Serving size: 1 bowl
Needed ingredients to make delicious raita:
- 1 cup chopped mint leaves
- 1 cup natural yogurt
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 2 chopped green chilies
- 1 teaspoon sugar (it’s optional)
- ½ teaspoon roasted cumin powder
- ¼ teaspoon red chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt (as per your taste)
- ¼ teaspoon black salt
There can be nothing easy than making raita, and the best part it goes with anything. Know how to make mint raita:
- Add green chili in mint leaves, salt or black salt, cumin powder, red chili powder, sugar, and 2 tablespoons yogurt to a blender jar. Blend it till it becomes a thin paste. Ta-da! Your mint paste is ready!
- Ouch! Did you miss to sniff it? Well, you shouldn’t.
- Add your mint paste and chopped onion to the yogurt. Mix it well.
- For a better taste, if you like, refrigerate it for 1 hour and let it marinate.
- Garnish it in the chef style with mint leaves, chili powder, and cumin powder.
- Serve this mint raita with Biryani or quesadilla.
- For more such tempting recipes, follow Rasoi Rani’s blog section.