Pudina chutney is perhaps the most loved tangy dip, which you can consume with probably any fried thing like samosas, pakoras, or traditional Maharashtrian style varan bhaat. Pudina chutney is famous in the entire Indian subcontinent for many centuries, but different varieties have different tastes. It is one of the easiest dishes to make, taking barely fifteen minutes and perhaps one of the most inexpensive ones. Now, let me give you the elaborate procedure as to how to make this wonderful mint chutney.
Please note down several ingredients for preparing the delicious chutney that is as follows:
- Two to three chilies.
- A cup of fresh leaves of mint.
- Three cups of chopped coriander leaves.
- One raw mango.
- One-fourth tablespoon of salt.
- One-fourth tablespoon of hing (asafoetida).
- One spoon of jeera.
- Small quantities of cloves, namely six to eight.
- A small piece of ginger.
- One-fourth cup of water.
Instructions for making pudina chutney
- You must take three to four tablespoon of curd in a bowl and stir it. Next, you should add one teaspoon of masala chaat, one spoon of cumin powder, one teaspoon of dry mango powder, and also some salt. Mix all the four thoroughly.
- In the grinder, you should take one and a half cups of pudina mint leaves. Also, you must take a cup of cut coriander leaves, one or two green chopped chilies, one small onion which is chopped and three to four small-sized garlic cloves and small ginger, which is chopped.
- You should grind the mixture with water to a little paste. Then, you must mix the curd with green chutney paste and allow it to settle.
- Start mixing both the curd and the chutney with a spoon. Keep on mixing continuously, till the whole of the Pudina Chutney has one common color. You must examine the taste of the chutney for salt, and you must add more spice and salt to it if you feel it is required.
● Then comes the final treat. Serve this chutney immediately, or serve it with any tandoori snack or fried stuff. You should keep the remaining chutney in an airtight steel box. The chutney stays in good condition in the refrigerator for three to four days. This chutney tastes mesmerizing with all kinds of snacks, like bread pakoda, cheese balls, veg cutlet, paneer tikka, samosas, etc. So, best of luck and happy cooking.