Vermicelli is widely used in various forms, such as Upma for breakfasts. There’s a delicious way out here to make them heartier. The soup’s foundation is mostly tomatoes, but adding the Vermicelli, carrot, onion only helps it all fit together. Tomato carrot soup is one of the simplest and easiest recipes for soups. The soup has the sweetness of veggies like carrots and onions, along with the mild tanginess of tomatoes, garlic in the soup gives the earthy cumin taste a little sharpness.
Generally, we use noodles in the soup, but here it can be modified as per taste and preference to substitute noodles with the Vermicelli. This soup is also child-friendly and skips black pepper if it’s made for kids.
Here are the ingredients used: Please note down a few lists of the ingredients that are as follows:
- Cut tomatoes-1cup
- Vermicelli–50 gms
- Cut onion-1num
- Cut carrot-1num
- Vegetable stock / water-2cups
- Coconut milk-1/2cup
- Crushed black pepper-for preference
- salt-as per preference
- Cumin powder-1tsp
Now Moving On To The Procedure:
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan, add the garlic, onions, carrot, and sauté for 1-2 minutes on a medium flame.
- Remove tomatoes and sauté for 2-3minutes on a medium flame.
- Remove the vegetable stock/water mix well and cook for 2-3 minutes on medium flame while stirring in between.
- Turn off the flame and completely let it cool down.
- After the mixer/blender has cooled, blend till smooth.
- Add Vermicelli, coconut milk, cumin powder, salt, pepper, mix well and cook on a medium flame until the Vermicelli is cooked, often stirring.
- Remove coconut milk to garnish.
Time For Preparation – The time taken for the preparation of the Italian tomato vermicelli soup is 15 minutes, and cooking time is also 15-20 minutes.
Few things to note:
- Generally, people use very fine brown rice vermicelli, and it gets cooked very quickly and couldn’t be seen; also, you can use normal vermicelli/noodles.
- If you love milk, go ahead and put a few tablespoons of milk in your soup.
- Free to add spices according to your preferences.
- Tomatoes are highly nutritious plant food. The benefits of eating various kinds of vegetables and fruits are remarkable, and tomatoes are no different. There are many ways to consume tomatoes, and Italian tomato vermicelli soup is one among them.
- The risk of developing heart disease, diabetes, and cancer decreases as the proportion of plant converts in the foods in terms of the soup.
- Tomato is one of the best sources of vitamin C. Tomatoes can help fight the creation of free radicals with certain components. It is understood that free radicals can cause diseases such as cancer. So basically, tomatoes and their food items can help you preventing disease.
- The quality of protein, potassium, vitamin C, and choline in tomatoes all contribute to heart health.
- There are simple ways of integrating tomatoes’ nutritional value into every food item. Make sure to store fresh tomatoes at room temperature and avoid freezing, because this allows the tomatoes to lose their flavor.