Why We Celebrate Karva Chauth:
Karva Chauth is fast observed by married women. This fast is kept for the safety and long life of her husband. This year karva Chauth is on the 4th of November. This day is mostly celebrated in north India.
This fast is not like other fasts; the women don’t eat anything throughout the day, not even water, till the moon comes up. Then they break the fast by eating sweets and by drinking water.
There many things to be eaten after fast ends, but nothing fits better than churma ladoos. This is the best choice. One can prepare tasty churma ladoo easily at home.
You can make some at home with some simple Ingredients:
- 4 cups of wheat flour
- 2 cups of ghee
- 2 spoons of mawa
- 4 cups of ground sugar/ jaggery
- Salt as per taste
Baati maker is a kind of an oven that works on the stove. The food cooked in this is very healthy as it consumes less oil. This can also be used in multiple food preparations.
Method Of Making
Once you gather all the stuff.
- First of all, mix wheat flour and ghee in a bowl and add slightly warm water to it, make a dough out of it and leave it covered for 10 minutes.
- After smoothening, you dough turn it into small balls that are baati. Turn the gas on and put the baati maker on it; the flames must be low and put all the baati on it. Turn them over and over and let all be cooked equally for around 25 minutes. Once the baati turns golden brown and crispy outside, put the gas off.
- Cut all the baatis into pieces and let them cool at room temperature.
- Now out all the pieces into the grinder, grind it till it becomes flour.
- Now take it in a bowl and add the flour of baatis, add sugar or jaggery to it, 4-5 spoons of ghee, and mix it well.
- Now make ladoos of it and serve it by adding nuts on the top.
- You can also add nuts to the flour itself to make it more nutritious.
Everything required to make this ladoo is healthy and nutritious; if you add jaggery rather than sugar, it is 100% healthy. This ladoo is the best choice for breaking fast.
Once these ladoos are made, its aroma will not let you wait for the moon to show up. It’s just mouth-watering and instantly mouth-melting ladoos.
Churma ladoo is something that can sweeten your karva Chauth with its sweetness. So, get ready to prepare aromatic churma ladoo on your next Karva Chauth.