You must be fed up with all the boring snacks. Trying out the various variations of the same pakoras is not satisfying. For every Indian household, there must exist some different snacks that can be eaten by everybody. Family gatherings and children’s party are some of the occasions where some snacks should be served, which can be enjoyed by not only children but adults as well. The recipe we are going to discuss in this article is Crispy Baby Corns, which are quite easy to make and will not take much of your time.
This recipe is a perfect hack to serve to your guests. Baby corns are something that everyone enjoys and are full of nutrients and therefore are perfect for every occasion. Let’s see how the recipe turns out.
Ingredients you will need to make Crispy baby corns:
- Corn Flour-1 cup
- Refined Flour-2 tablespoons
- Chilli Flakes-1 teaspoon
- Ground black pepper-1 teaspoon
- Ginger paste:1 teaspoon
- Salt-1 teaspoon
- Breadcrumbs-1 cup
- Baby Corns-1 packet
- Take a large bowl and add 1 cup of cornflour. Further, add two tablespoons of refined flour.
- Keep on adding some water in the mixture and stir continuously. Add water at different intervals of time and not all together.
- Keep repeating this process until you get a smooth paste kind of batter. Make sure it is neither too thick nor too thin.
- In this batter, add one tablespoon of chili flakes, one teaspoon of ground black pepper, and one teaspoon of ginger garlic paste.
- Mix all these ingredients and give it a good mix. Further, add one teaspoon of salt. Mix well to get a uniformed mixture.
- Keep this batter aside. Take a deep vessel and heat some oil on high flame.
- Take one baby corn and cut it vertically from the center to get two equal sizes.
- Take half of the baby corn and dip it in the batter prepared. After dipping, put these baby corn in a bowl filled with breadcrumbs. Wrap the entire corn with breadcrumbs.
- Prepare all your baby corns with this method and keep them on a plate.
- Turn the flame low and put all the prepared baby corns into the vessel for frying. Allow the baby corns to cook from both sides for approximately 10 minutes.
- Once you start seeing the golden-brown color, remove the baby corns from the vessel and put it in a plate with a tissue.
- Let the baby corn rest on the tissue to remove all the excess oil.
- Arrange the prepared baby corns on a plate, and voila, your crispy baby corns are ready to eat.
Total Preparation Time: 15-20 Minutes
Key Points To Remember:
- Using refined flour is completely optional. Refined flour gives the additional crunchiness to the baby corn, which is liked by everyone.
- Feel free to adjust the spiciness according to your preference. You can also add some red chili powder if you want to.
- Make sure to wrap the baby corn completely with breadcrumbs, or the result won’t be satisfying since it will lose the crunchiness within them.
Serve this recipe with different sauces to make the experience better.