One can also add fruits and nuts to it. There are flavored shrikhands available in the market, and pineapple shrikhand is one of those.
Pineapple shrikhand is quite preferred by people who like fruit-flavored yogurt. It is perfect for getting you refreshed on a hot, sweaty summer day. Usually served cool, pineapple yogurt is full of nutrients and also a low-calorie food.
Ingredients To Make Pineapple Shrikhand:
Yogurt 500-600 gms
Sugar 250-300 gms
Saffron strands 8-10 in numbers
Milk 50 gm
Pineapple chopped 100-150 gms.
Pineapple puree 1 cup
Powdered sugar 1/4 cup
Cardamom powder 1/2 teaspoon
Crushed almond one teaspoon
Crushed pistachios one teaspoon
- Keep the yogurt in a fine strainer or a muslin cloth. Let it be hanging on a bowl. Place the hanging yogurt with a bowl in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours. It will help it to get rid of the excess water and whey in it.
- After 3 hours, take the yogurt out of the refrigerator. You will find it thicker than before. Now transfer it to another clean bowl from the strainer and add sugar. Now mix it well.
- Now place the milk in the oven and make it warm. Soak the strands of saffron in the warm milk for 15-20 minutes. Wait until the strands get dissolved in the milk.
- Now add the saffron-milk mix to the curd and stir them with a whisk for a better result.
- Add both the chopped pineapple and the pineapple puree inside the yogurt now and stir again.
- Now pour the cardamom powder, chopped almonds, and pistachios into the mix and stir well.
- Once all the ingredients are mix well, and the pineapple shrikhand is ready, keep the refrigerator’s preparation for 1-2 hours to chill.
- Now, your pineapple shrikhand is ready to get served.
Shrikhand or Matho is a traditional Indian sweet dish, an important part of any Gujarati or Maharashtrian thali. You can also put other fruits like mango, strawberry, orange, sapodilla, pomegranate, banana, or mixed fruit to prepare your shrikhand instead of pineapple.