Veg Hara Bhara Kabab is a mixture of potatoes, spinach, and green peas. They are pan-fried spiced pastry with nutmeg or ginger. It is nutritious, delicious, and tastes great when it is eaten with chutney or sauce.
How To Make Hara Bhara Kabab
- Take potatoes of any size you desire. Usually, 2 potatoes are weighing approximately 400 to 450 grams or say ½ kg and rinse thoroughly.
- Then cook potatoes and green peas as well with 2 cups of water in a pressure cooker. Even you can use steam or cook it in a pot.
- Add ½ cup fresh green peas on top of the potatoes. Water shall not be put in the bowl containing green peas.
- These vegetables should be pressure cooked on a medium flame for 10 minutes or 6 to 7 whistles. And once the pressure is under control, the lid of the cooker should be opened. The potatoes would have cooked, and the green peas will have to be steamed.
- Then we have to remove the bowl and place the peas in the strainer to drain out the water.
- Remove the potatoes from the bowl and keep them warm and peel them off. And keep this neatly covered and keep aside.
- One hundred grams of spinach should be rinsed in water well and drain out water. To derive desired taste, use only the leaves and not stems as per your requirement.
- Add some crunch in the kabab if you prefer Stems since stems give a nice crunch but use only tender stems.
- Boil 1.5 to 2 cup of water with some salt if preferred.
- Once the water is boiling, then switch off the flame and add the spinach leaves and immerse them in warm water for 2 minutes for blanching the spinach leaves.
- Two minutes later, spinach leaves must be removed placed in a bowl of cold water for 1 minute to retain the spinach greenness.
- After draining the extra water, chop the spinach finely and keep aside.
- And take one green chili and 1 to 1.5 inches ginger peeled and chopped in a mortar-pestle. Crush to the paste as per requirement. Take four tablespoons gram flour in a pan or kadhai and keep flame to a low and roast gram flour stirring often.
- Must be roasted till we get a nutty fragrance, and the gram flour changes its color. Keep roasted gram flour aside.
- And in a bowl, add the finely chopped spinach and steamed green peas and excellent mix it. Grate the boiled potatoes over it. Add the roasted gram flour.
- Then we need to add the ginger-chili paste and the spice powders. Also, add salt as per taste and lightly mix.
- Then with the help of potato masher, mash the Hara bhara kabab mixture and bring the entire mix together.
- Out of that, Small or medium or large-sized portions of the kabab mixture can be taken and shall be shaped into small or medium or large-sized patties. Apply vegetable oil to your palms when shaping the Hara bhara kabab if it is wet.
- Halved cashews can be used to get an extra taste.
- Heat 1 to 2 tablespoons oil by spreading the oil all over the Tawa with a spoon. When the oil becomes medium-hot, keep the kabab on it. So fry the first batch in 2 tablespoons oil and the second batch in 1 tablespoon oil.
- Turn it over and fry once or twice for crispness and golden color.
- Then serve Hara bhara kabab hot with mint chutney or coriander chutney or tomato ketchup or sweet tamarind chutney.
Meta Description: Hara Bhara kabab is very healthy and nutritious and can be prepared at any time and can be served as snacks.