The tricolor theme will be present in all possible things. Some people will wear tricolored clothing, some people will hold a small flag in their hands, and some people will buy handmade products that symbolize the significance of the day. In addition, the nation will be graced with vibrant works of art. So how do we exclude food from it?
The meals spread joy. Food serves as a more memorable depiction of Republic Day festivities than anything else. The tricolors of our flag will be memorably represented by food. Additionally, it is a wonderful way to honor the country. Additionally, for individuals unable to participate in either, this is the ideal method to celebrate this day.
Although some of these recipes call for food coloring, the majority don’t. In order to give the cuisine the tricolors of the Indian flag, we have released our imagination and used beautiful veggies with thematic colors. There can be many ideas to color the food with the tricolor of India, like Tri-color pasta, tri-color sandwiches, tri-color chapati, tri-color vegetable or sabji, etc.
Try the simple recipes below to commemorate this day.
This dish is quite tasty and can be prepared in about 30 minutes. Let’s examine the recipe now!
Orange Rice Recipe
- In a large pan, heat the ghee before adding the mustard seeds.
- After the seeds begin to sputter, add the onions and cook for a couple more minutes.
- Stir while adding the tomato puree.
- Include salt, garam masala, and red chili powder.
- Continue cooking until the ghee is released and floats to the top.
- Combine the cooked rice and masala.
- Verify the salt and additional spices.
- Place the mustard seeds in the heated ghee and wait until they sputter.
- Include the chana dal and urad. Fry until they start to turn light brown.
- Add the grated coconut next, and roast for 2 minutes.
- Add the salt and cooked rice and thoroughly combine
- Cover the rice and set it aside for later serving.
- Using a mixer grinder and water, grind the green chilies, coriander (or cilantro), and cashew nuts into a thick paste.
- Heat the ghee before adding the mustard seeds and waiting for them to sputter.
- Add the urad dal and cook until golden brown.
- After that, thoroughly combine the green paste.
- Sauté until the natural scent has vanished.
- Combine the remaining cooked rice with the salt.
Finally, assemble the three varieties of rice in the shape of India’s flag and serve hot!
Dhokla, a popular breakfast item, has been a favorite of mine ever since I was a kid! I tried up a tricolor dhokla recipe in honor of the forthcoming 74th Republic Day, and it turned out fantastic.
- Begin by combining the semolina, water, and curd in a mixing dish to make the basic batter. Keep this batter aside for at least 30 minutes after thoroughly combining.
- Split the latter into three equally sized pieces.
- Combine all the ingredients specified under “For the green layer” in a bowl with one portion.
- Grease a dhokla plate with either vegetable or olive oil.
- Steam it for 12 minutes after adding the green batter to it.
- Begin making the white layer by combining a second half of the basic batter with the ingredients mentioned under “For the white layer.”
- Steam for an additional 10 minutes before adding the white batter on top of the green one.
- Finally, mix the ingredients for the saffron layer and pour them over the white layer. For the following ten minutes, let it steam.
- Extinguish the flame and give it some time to rest.
- When the dhokla is cold enough, remove it to a platter and garnish it with curry leaves and mustard seeds!
- Pass mint or coriander chutney alongside.
You could almost say that a healthy plate of tacos will fulfill your hunger! Let’s see the tricolor rendition of this well-known Mexican treat.
Getting Ready For The Taco Filling
- Marinate the tofu/paneer cubes with salt, olive oil, and white pepper powder. Set it aside for later use for at least 15 minutes.
- On a griller, fry the paneer cubes until they are well cooked.
- Position the seashells on the taco boat.
- Place the filling, which consists of paneer and seasoned bell pepper cubes, in the lettuce-lined shells.
- Evenly distribute the cheese dip over the top.
- Add a little taco seasoning.
- Devour the tri-colored taco with my go-to Chunky Salsa Dip.
India celebrates Republic Day greatly, and its citizens have become more patriotic. The recipes we’ve covered above can help with this enormous energy requirement in and after the celebration. I hope the above article was helpful for you so that you can prepare more delicacies for yourself and your family at home. Happy Republic Day!
Leave a Reply