If you are a fan of Israeli food, this recipe is the one for you. This pretty Cherry Tomato Couscous Salad is an herb-heavy Israeli salad. A recipe that will make you wonder of an indoor herb garden. We bring a complete picture of the ingredients that would make your salad delicious. Do not forget to pin this in your summer favorites. Following is the list of the ingredients which might tempt you enough to make the salad.
- Cherry tomatoes
- Israeli couscous
- Roasted chickpeas
- Pinch of smoked paprika
- Olive oil & lemon juice
- Fresh herbs
- Fata cheese
Dig In The Recipe:
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
Roast Tomatoes: 3 hrs.
4 cups cherry tomatoes, divide it into two, half for roasting and half raw
Extra-virgin olive oil, required for drizzling
1 cup dry Israeli couscous
¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
1 tablespoon lemon juice (use according to taste)
1 garlic clove, minced
Leaves from 6 sprigs of fresh thyme and also can use more for garnish
1 ½ cups roasted chickpeas
¼ cup fresh basil, you can use more for garnish
2 Persian cucumbers (sliced thin)
1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Steps To Make Cherry Tomato Couscous Salad:
- Take 2 cups of cherry tomatoes and roast them. If possible or if needed, you can make this roast in advance and even store it in the fridge for few days.
- Cook the couscous until al dente. That should be around 9 minutes. Drain this and set it aside to let it cool.
- Take a large bowl and combine the following:
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- The lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Several grinds of black pepper.
Now, add the couscous that has been cooled and toss.
- You need to slice the remaining raw cherry tomatoes in half and add them to the bowl with the roasted tomatoes, chickpeas, basil, cucumbers, and feta.
- To this mixture with fresh herbs and a generous drizzle of olive oil.
- Season to taste.
For the ones who have a knack for Israeli food, it will be a heaven to their taste buds. Nothing better than this salad for the ones who are health-freak. Bring in your inputs, too, if you would like to make any change to the recipe and make it your style. We would be happy to read all the variations. This is a great recipe for lunch. Also, you can add a bit of extra lemon and a pinch of salt according to your taste buds.