Sauteed tofu and bell pepper create a flavorful and heartfelt dish that can be enjoyed alone or served over steamed rice, noodles, or quinoa. Colorful veggies and broiler-dried tofu lumps are tossed in a delightful sauce made of seasoned squeezed orange and soy sauce to make this vegetarian tofu bell pepper pan stir-fry. Crisp pieces, toasted sesame seeds, and crushed dark peppercorn beautifully balance the sweet and tangy taste of the sauce.
New squeezed orange juice up this quick pan-fried food, turning into a sticky, shiny sauce for the colorful vegetables. A speedy coat in cornstarch helps the tofu with fostering a super crisp covering without expecting to fry in lots of oil. It’s a smart thought to have each element primed and ready by the oven before you begin to cook, as the sautéed food will come together rapidly. You can use bell peppers or any vegetable you have on hand, like broccoli florets, meagerly cut carrots, or cut snap peas.
This tofu sauteed food is cubes shapes of fresh tofu with bright vegetables in a sauce. The ideal vegetarian recipe course that is loaded with protein and nutrients!
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- 250 grams additional firm tofu
- One medium red bell pepper
- One medium yellow bell pepper
- One little head of broccoli
- One large yellow onion
- 3-4 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 inch ginger
- Two tablespoons toasted sesame seeds.
- Two tablespoon red chili flakes
- Two tablespoon sesame seed oil
- One teaspoon squashed dark pepper.
For The Sauce
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- One tablespoon earthy colored sugar
- Two tablespoon soy sauce
- One tablespoon cornflour
- Salt to taste
- Preheat for 15 minutes in the oven at 200 degrees Celsius.
- First, we will start with setting up the tofu for the pan-fried food. For that, wash the tofu generously with clean drinking water. Afterward, press it in a perfect kitchen towel or between tissue papers to eliminate most moisture from it. Continue to change the tissue papers if that it gets spongy.
- Presently, cleave the tofu into 1 inch long rectangular pieces and arrange them on a greased or lined baking plate.
- Move the heating plate to a preheated oven and permit the tofu pieces to cook at 200 degrees Celsius for around 20-25 minutes. Flip the tofu pieces halfway so that they become golden brown colored from all sides.
- Meanwhile, we will set up the sauce and slash the veggies for the pan-fried food. In a blending, bowl the squeezed orange and add salt, brown sugar, and soy sauce. Give a decent mix. Add corn flout to this and mix well until you get a lump-free slurry. Our sauce is prepared.
- Strip and cut the onion, then peep and mesh the ginger and mine or cut the garlic. Keep to the side. Wash, deseed and slash the chop bell peppers lengthwise. Ensure every one of the veggies is cut into the size that of the tofu. Rinse and chop the broccoli into florets. Keep every one of the elements of the sautéed food convenient.
- When our tofu is prepared, heat oil in a wok and add ground ginger and minced garlic to it; saute for few moments. Presently, add the cut onions and pan-fried food for around one moment on high flame.
Then, add the colored bell peppers and broccoli and sauteed food for 2-3 minutes on high flame before blending in the sauce.