Biryani, the word itself sounds tasty. It is on the list of every food lover, but what was the origin of this tastier dish? The word biryani comes from the Persian word ‘birian’ which means fried before cooking. It is one of the most popular dishes that everyone has heard of.
People often get confused between the Veg Pulao and Veg Biryani, the veg pulao tends to be plainer than the veg biryani, and it consists of vegetables cooked with rice. On the other hand, the veg Biryani contains much more gravy than the veg pulao and is often cooked for longer.
Coming to our specialized Veg Hyderabadi Biryani, Biryani is another name for Hyderabad as it is too famous in Hyderabad. It is said that biryani and Hyderabad are like a flower and its fragrance as both can’t be separated. One much famous biryani is “the dum (which means choking off the steam and not allowing it to pass cooked) Hyderabad veg biryani for vegetarians.”
Ingredients To Make The Veg Hyderabadi Biryani Are:
- Biryani Basmati Rice – 2 Cups
- Oil – 3 tbsp
- French Beans – 1 Cup chopped
- Carrot – 1 (chopped)
- Mint Leaves – ½ Cup
- Coriander – ½ Cup
- Green Peas – 1 Cup
- Ginger Garlic Paste – 2 tbsp
- Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
- Everest Shahi Biryani Masala or similar to that– 2 tsp
- Tomatoes – 2 (chopped)
- Ghee – 2 tsp
- Haldi / Turmeric Powder – ½ tsp
- Curd / Yoghurt – 1 Cup
- Saffron Water – ½ Cup
- Red Chilli Powder – ½ tsp
- Cashew Nuts – 10 to 15
- Salt – as per taste
- Green Chillies – 2 chopped
- Brown Onions – (3 Onions chopped & fried in Oil )
- Bay Leaves – 2
- Cloves – 5 to 8
- Black Pepper – 7 to 1
- Shajeera – 1 tsp
- Elaichi– 4
Recipe For Veg Hyderabadi Biryani:
- Firstly, take a pan and place it on the gas to heat it. Then add two tablespoons Oil & 2 tablespoons Ghee. When these are hot add the Bay Leaves, Cardamom, Cloves, Black Pepper & Shajeera
- Then you need to add Tomatoes. After that, add French Beans, Cauliflower, Green Peas, Carrot, Cashew nuts, Ginger Garlic Paste, Coriander Powder, Shahi Biryani Masala Powder, Salt, Red Chilli Powder. Mix well.
- Thirdly, add Curd, Pudina, Coriander, Green Chillies, and half of Fried Onions and mix well to look good. After they are fried, add 1 Cup Water and again mix it well. Cook this for 5 mins.
- Take another Big Pan, add two tablespoon Ghee, then add one layer of cooked rice, then add one layer of cooked Veggies. Do this process twice. Then after adding the 5th layer of rice, add Kesar, Coriander, Mint Leaves, and Fried Onions. Cover and cook.
- Finally, we need to cook for 8-12 minutes. After that our specialized veg Hyderabadi biryani is ready to serve
Serve this veg Hyderabadi biryani with Chilled raita or serve with Gujarati dal, our favorite.