Ingredients For Kachori
- 1 cup of fresh green peas
- 2 green chilies (spicy according to taste)
- 1 inch of ginger
- A handful of coriander leaves
- 1 cup maida
- 1 tbsp suji
- Salt according to taste
- Spices: Turmeric / Red Chili / Coriander / Amchur / Fennel Seeds powder
Recipe For Stuffing:
- Take a jar, add green peas, green chilies, ginger, and coriander leaves. If required, you can add 1 tbsp of water. Blend it, coarse.
- Hit 2 tbsp of oil in a pan.
- Add some jeera and spices mentioned above according to taste.
- Add the prepared green peas mixture and salt according to taste.
- Saute for 5 to 6 minutes. And the stuffing is ready.
Recipe For Dough:
- Take a bowl, add maida, suji, salt, and 2 tbsp of ghee.
- With the amount of required water, knead the dough. The dough should not be too tight but smooth and soft. Cover and let it rest for 15 minutes.
Method To prepare:
- Take a small bowl size dough, flatten it with your hand or roll it uniformly like a puri. It should be a little thick.
- Add 1 tbsp of green peas mixture, make a bundle and again roll it gently.
- Deep fry the kachoris till they turn a little brown.
Ingredients For Aloo Curry
- 3 Medium-sized boiled potatoes
- Tomato puree (made with 2 tomatoes, 1 green chili, 3 to 4 cloves of garlic)
- Curry leaves
- Mustard seeds
- Spices: Turmeric / Red Chili / Coriander / Amchur powder
- Garam Masala
- Coriander leaves for garnishing
Method To prepare:
- Heat 3 tbsp of oil in a pan
- Add mustard seeds/ whole jeera and some curry leaves.
- Add tomato puree and all the required spices according to taste and sauté till oil separates.
- Once it is cooked, mashed the boiled potatoes and add them to the puree
- Add 3 to 4 cups of water and give it a nice boil.
- Lastly, add some garam masala and coriander leaves.
You can also garnish aloo curry with imli chutney to give it a more tangy taste !!!
One-pot complete, healthy, and tasty meal: After a long tiring day.
Soya Mutter Pulao:
2 cups basmati rice
1 cup of green peas
1 cup of small soya chunks
1 tbsp of soya granules
2 medium-sized onions
2 green chilies
1 bay leaf
1-inch cinnamon stick
1 tsp whole jeera
Spices: Red chili / Coriander powder
Garam / Pulao Masala
Method To Prepare:
- Take 3 cups of water in a bowl and bring it to boil.
- Add soya chunks and granules and let it boil for 8 to 10 minutes.
- After that, strain them and keep them aside.
- Meanwhile, soak the rice for 15 minutes.
- Heat 2 to 3 tbsp of oil.
- Add whole jeera, bay leaf, star anise, and cinnamon stick. Cook it for 2 minutes
- Add sliced onions and green chilies. Cook them till the onions turn brown
- Add the squeezed soya chunks, granules, and fresh green peas. Cook it for 10 minutes
- Add the rice and add 3 cups of water, salt, and pulao or garam masala according to taste.
- Once the water boils and gets reduced, cover the pan and let the rice gets cooked on a slow flame.
Serve it hot with boondi raita and papad.